Airbus A380 Production Could End, And Why Emirates Is Pissed

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

From a passenger comfort standpoint, the Airbus A380 is my favorite plane in the sky. I've reviewed first class on every airline that operates the A380, and for the most part the experience is simply incomparable. If you haven't yet read them, check out my reviews of A380 first class on Air France, Asiana, British Airways, China Southern, Emirates, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Thai Airways. The A380 is by far the quietest commercial aircraft in service, and also has some awesome amenities that most other planes don't, from showers to onboard bars to double beds and fully enclosed suites. However, it looks like the Airbus A380's days may be numbered. It looks like by next year Airbus will have to decide whether they want to discontinue production of the A380 around 2018, or whether they want to invest an extra two billion Euros in the aircraft, without any guarantee of future return. The post Airbus A380 Production Could End, And Why Emirates Is Pissed appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...