Air Tran Airways - reduced one way awards using Amex MR points

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by Sweet Willie, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    From AMEX Membership Rewards site:

Through April 30, 2011 you can redeem 1,120 Membership Rewards® points for 1 A+ Rewards credit. For 8,960 Membership Rewards® points, you can get a one-way coach ticket.

Redeem 25% fewer Membership Rewards® points for AirTran A+ Rewards Credits
    Now through April 30, 2011 redeem 1,120 Membership Rewards® points for one A+ Rewards credit. For 8,960 Membership Rewards points, you can get a one-way coach ticket on AirTran Airways.
    Fly AirTran Airways to over 50 destinations from coast to coast and enjoy:
    · Brand new Boeing 737s and 717s – America’s youngest all-Boeing fleet
    · A Business Class section on every flight
    · Enjoy Wi-Fi and Sirius XM Satellite Radio at every seat
    · Excellent service from friendly Crew Members
    · Redeem just four A+ credits for a Business Class upgrade, eight A+ credits for a one-way coach flight, 16 A+ credits for a round trip, or visit www.airtran.com for more redemption options.
    Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid for Membership Rewards® and Membership Rewards First® enrollees only for redemptions for AirTran Airways from 2/17/2011-4/30/2011. A+ Rewards seats are subject to availability and blackout dates. Taxes and fees are extra - the September 11th security fee of up to $2.50 per segment is not included. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Passengers traveling to/from Puerto Rico are subject to additional government taxes of up to $32.60. Fares to/from Cancun and the Caribbean do not include additional government taxes of up to $100.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that for redemptions by 30 April or travel by 30 April? And anyone know if the points transfer is instant or not?

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done numerous transfers from AMEX to different airlines and each one was instant (even though the terms say it can take more time), that said, I haven't done one to Air Tran. Sorry I can't answer the first question

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The transfer time is very much dependent on the program integration. I know of several which are instant but also a couple which are not. Without knowing that I'm hesitant (and I probably wouldn't do it anyways).