Air stewardess caught with six kilos of cocaine

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by uggboy, May 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Air stewardess caught with six kilos of cocaine ||

[​IMG]

sobore and GoodBoy like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Locked Up Abroad.

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  3. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    i thought we were supposed to call them flight attendants :p; well i guess she will be attending some prisons now!

SC Flier and uggboy like this.
  4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    She was flying to LON and got caught after the fact, so the producers have to create an entirely new series ;)

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    England is abroad when you're from Nigeria. She works for Arik Air and has a name that doesn't suggest that she's British, FWIW.

6. SM105

SM105 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a very well organised group that recruits airline crew to serve as couriers for controlled substances from West Africa to the UK and then cash back from the UK to Africa.

Unfortunately, I've had closer (involuntary) dealings with them than I would have liked to have had, and two of my former employees wound up in jail as a result of their involvement with this group. Although I am thankfully 3 years removed from any dealings with them, the modus operandi described in this case matches what we know has been used by this group before.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/airline-cabin-crew-member-charged-with-smuggling-cocaine-6759334.html

http://www.modernghana.com/news/179899/1/alhaji-hearts-in-court-over-money-laundering-charg.html

The group is quite ruthless and use all sorts of incentives as recruitment bait (and disincentives if one declines to get involved). While I don't by any means condone the choices made by the crew members to get involved with these groups, it is also quite hard to see people you know forced into this kind of activity under threat to their families or similar. It is even harder to see them go to jail for being caught with the evidence while the bigger fish behind the operation (some of whom are well known to the authorities) continue to live a comfortable life in freedom for lack of enough concrete evidence linking them to the racket.

Sad stuff.

Kalboz, Gargoyle, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
  7. lsed

lsed Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where I'm from that's worth many times the price. lol