Air Malta to relaunch its customer loyalty programme

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by maltapoints, Dec 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    After some substantial lobbying from me personally, and the launch of my new website to highlight the pluses and minuses of Flypass, I am pleased to say that Air Malta has publicly announced that it is to relaunch its frequent flyer programme.

While details are understandably sketchy, this is great news, and hopefully will bring the Flypass (or renamed) frequent flyer scheme fully into the 21st century (online redemption anyone?).

I am not going to speculate too much on the likely contents of the new programme, but I would be surprised if it did not involve a formal tie-up with Miles & More, possibly even with Star Alliance.

The benefits of a decent Air Malta frequent flyer scheme will not just be tangible to regular flyers to Malta, of course. If it taps into a decent FF alliance, then occasional visitors with, perhaps, a stash of Miles & More points will be able to use Air Malta for reward flights*.

(*I should add here that Lufthansa currently claims you can use Miles & More points on Air Malta flights. I've never seen evidence of this being an option, and while I'm checking the position with Air Malta, I'm really not sure it's the case.)

I'll keep you updated.