Air India once again approaches Star Alliance

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by sobore, Sep 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/air-india-once-again-approaches-star-alliance-17627

Despite Star Alliance Services GmbH rejecting Air India’s proposal, the national carrier is determined to pursue the alliance for a membership, as per an ET report. "Air India is still looking at Star Alliance Services GmbH and feels that it must take us as our performance data is better than others and better than ever. We approached it last week emphasising this and that we are as good as any of its members," Rohit Nandan, Chairman and Managing Director, Air India informed. He said that Star Alliance is the best fit for Air India in comparison with other airline groupings.

However, Markus Ruediger, Spokesperson of Star Alliance, in an email response, said, "The integration of Air India (with Star Alliance) has been put on hold since July 31, 2011, and we have no further comment to make on this."
    Read More: http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/air-india-once-again-approaches-star-alliance-17627

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully, India doesn't start banning *A carriers from landing at their airports if *A rejects them.. :rolleyes:

3. henry999

henry999 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Air India has improved quite a bit in the last few years- however I still take Jet over Air India every time.

5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will admit I like the paint job on the Air India 777's I see at EWR and other *A airports. I suppose liking a plane's paint job doesn't get them into the *A club, huh? :p

-Rob

TRAVELSIG likes this.