Air India - Domestic Business Class

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by CrankyScott, Aug 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    As soon as I stepped on the Airbus A319; it felt old. Looking at my Business Class seat my feelings were confirmed. They are old and tired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seat recline was only manual despite there being in arm controls. And by manual, I mean very manual. You have to ask the flight attendant and they pop open the arm rest and release a lever which let's the seat fall back. This was true for all the business class sets!

Earlier in the week I flew on another Air India flight and those seats operated normally.

No soft drinks available on the 2 hour flight. Only coffee, tea, water and juice.

My favorite business class product in India is King Fisher followed by Jet Airways.

joesmoe and Quasiconvexity like this.
  2. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also just recently flew air india's biz class, and while I thought the seat was acceptable (as good as king fisher or jet's domestic biz product), and the service in the air to be pretty good, I found the service on the ground to be appalling.

I was ~5kg over on my checked baggage limit, and it took them 45 minutes to process my credit card for the extra baggage fee because their machine wasn't working. As such I had to rush to the gate, missing out on any of the lounges (not sure if Air India had one, but amex does, and they serve free alcohol). All in all that really ruined that trip for me.

I absolutely hate Jet's biz product, I flew it from BKK to Mumbai, and also within India. The seats were extremely old, on the longest flight i took with them (BKK-BOM) my seat would snap back forward whenever i'd lean forward, the IFE would reset every 10-15 minutes (for everybody in F), and the food was well...

I'm glad to be flying Malaysian back from BOM in a few weeks.

I do like kingfisher though.

3. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    One thing I have learned about Air India is the quality is very inconsistent among the aircraft. On my DEL-BOM flight it was on a A320 and it was fabulous. Great service, comfortable business class and plenty of room. Not a single complaint.

Then on an extreme end, they have aircraft like this: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/cabin-conditions.17097/