Air France to Offer Passengers Digital Newspaper and Magazine downloads

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by katstarr, Mar 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    sobore and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    It could be interesting, ...
    I was too 'harsh' and I decided to take my note back. I explained my reasons in a PM, and I accept the note that I was reacting pretty strong on this one.

4. djsflynn

djsflynn Active Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if this is the same system as now offered by Virgin Australia? The Virgin offering is a collaboration with the NewspaperDirect company and its PressReader app – which is usually a paid service (US$1 per publication or all-you-can-eat read for US$30/month), but you get access to all the publications for free using the WiFi network in Virgin's airport lounges.

If so, I hope this is a sign of a real push by NewspaperDirect for this service, because it's a real boon for travellers. Imagine being able to load up your iPad with the latest editions of a dozen favourite newspapers from around the world- especially those thick reading-packed Saturday editions - before you step onto a long flight.

More info on the Virgin rollout, for those interested, at
    http://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-australia-offers-free-digital-newspapers-from-around-the-world

(Declaration: I wrote the article linked above, but feel it's germane to the thread and topic – if the mods feel otherwise then they're free to delete this post and accept my apologies.)