Air China F

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by somempire, Feb 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone flown on Air China F and if so how were the seats and services?

bthobe, OY-JFS and NYBanker like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been in longhaul J. Seats were OK...service was mid-tier for an Asian carrier...not at level of NH, SQ or CX...but far better than American-flagged carriers.

I'd have no hesitation to fly CA F.

bthobe and OY-JFS like this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    To be clear, do you mean long haul F or domestic F within China?

4. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Long haul

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My attitude it that it is still Air China. I would avoid it due to concerns about customer service if IROPs or other problems occur.

6. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I've decided that we will be flying on Swiss to PEK onto SIN. Do we need a Visa if we are just connecting into PEK?

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    China has complicated rules for transit without visa. You need to check the specifics for your nationality.

8. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am US citizen. CO agent has informed that all we need is our passports and a return ticket home if we are just connecting through PEK.

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds right, but you should still check as it depends on the airport as well as the length of your connection.

10. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I've found this on US Department of Travel: TRANSITING CHINA: In general, if you are travelling through China en route to another country, you do not need a visa, as long as you stay in China less than 24 hours and do not leave the airport. If, however, you are a transit passenger and have more than one stopover in China, you must exit the transit lounge at the first stop to apply for an endorsement in your passport that permits multiple stops in China. As long as you have a ticket that continues on to an international destination, the endorsement should be routine. If Shanghai Pudong airport is your international transit point, you may stay in Shanghai for 48 hours if you have a valid passport, a visa for your destination, and an onward plane ticket. Make sure you get an endorsement stamp at the immigration desk before you leave the airport

11. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any recent experiences with CA in long haul F? I am looking at flying them from LAX-PEK-ICN then connecting via OZ to CEB. How are they at interlining? What kind of amenities if any can I expect up front ie. kit or pajamas? I believe the flight is to be operated by a 777.