Air Canada warns of quarterly loss in preliminary results

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tcook052, Apr 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Air Canada estimates it will book a bigger operating loss in the first quarter as it releases preliminary results with a view to exploring debt-financing options.

Canada’s largest air carrier said on Monday it expects an operating loss of $106-million compared with an operating loss of $91-million in the first quarter of 2012.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...-loss-in-preliminary-results/article11449914/

2. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Operating loss? WTF? I don't know what their loads are running, but I gotta tell you, the three or four I have been on this year were filled to gills, just like everyone else and they are not discounting fares either. $700 to fly YUL-YYZ? Did someone steal the cookie jar?

And the excuse that it cost them $10m in weather delays doesn't fly either. I'm sure the number is accurate, but my guess is West Jet was able to muddle through the weather.

4. 2by4

2by4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is so strange about that?
    AC has never made a profit in the 1st quarter and the goal years ago was to get the 1st quarter loss under $100 million. It looks like that would still be a good goal.