Air Canada Survey - anyone get it recently? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Oct 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it was yesterday - I received an email from AC (deleted it now) about a survey - I took the survey and it had me give my thoughts and rankings on options I would prefer and not ... these were with respect to accumulating Aeroplan miles (status and not), lounge access, and many other things ...

Anyone else do this survey?

Seems like some fishing on AC/AE but hard to say if anything will come of it of course...

unclepants likes this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not heard from AC since one year.

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess some would call you lucky :) I guess it relates to how often you travel; however this survey did not have any Aeroplan # associated with it - no compensation - just a survey to my email on my profile ...

4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are probably right......I have travelled a lot less this year.....and my long time Elite status is about to lapse in Feb 12. All my AC flights have been in Tango.

5. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the survey. Some of the items that were available for ranking were interesting. The ones that I thought were most intriguing are probably the least likely ones that we will see added to the status-benefit matrix. While they were fishing I have to say that I'm fairly impressed with the thought that went into the rather long list of possibly perks/offerings that we had to sort through. I was far from impressed with the limited tooling that Ipsos had for doing the sorting though.

Did anyone notice that the questions about # of flights flown was just odd. First it asks to you to count the number of round trip flights (explicitly not the segments) that you took. Then it asks you to say how many of those flights were on different airlines. The total listed for airlines had to equal the number of round trips that you entered. Soooo.....how do you enter a number for a specific airline for a round trip which has QK, AC and LH in each direction? I just fudged it in the end, but this type of over sight makes me wonder if AC really does understand that people book tickets that use many different airlines.

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree on the airline/flight count - and I think one question was how many upgrades you received also ... I was not going to go back to figure that out ... number is too small :p

7. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    you mean you don't have a spreadsheet of all your flights with notations? :D

I received a few surveys but did not have time to answer the last couple this summer, so maybe they struck me off their list!

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did for years actually - and tracked all the details - then I realized it was a waste of my time and I did not really care for historical views ... just present and future ;)

canucklehead likes this.
  9. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    you're only good as your next upgrade! :p

YULtide likes this.
  10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Then is AC eyes I'm not good at all :(
    Thank goodness I have just requalified for 2012 and no flights planned until January.

11. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    See that one was easy. I'm batting 100% of my requests which has been for 100% of my multi-cabin flights on AC/QK metal. I think it's something like 122 multi-cabin (with only 3 single cabin) flights this year. Lemme tell you, sitting in 33D on my LH flight from FRA-PRG last weekend was an eye opener. Then I realized that J was just Y with a coffee table and I got over it. Plus, 33E was a retired AC exec so I got to talk about all things AC labour for an hour.

YULtide and canucklehead like this.
  12. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received the survey also and thought there were some interesting options, like being able to extend status benefits to immediate family, instant kk options and the ability to purchase eupgrades with AP miles. Could we see an improvement in benefits next year instead of the steady decrease we have been seeing for years?

ACMM likes this.
  13. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be interesting to have fresh options for 2012. However I wonder if 2012 is not already baked and this may be for farther in the future?

[From my milePoint enabled iPhone]