Air Canada Starts Tagging Carry-On Bags… Should Other Airlines Follow?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I admit it. I'm one of those people who occasionally travels with carry-ons which are ever so slightly larger than the limit. And while it doesn't bring me joy to do that, I genuinely don't think I'm inconveniencing others by doing so. My rollaboard always goes wheels first into the overhead bin, and my (massive) personal item goes underneath the seat in front of me without taking up my seatmate's legroom. Always. Airline carry-on policies can vary drastically. Some airlines claim carry-ons can't exceed 15 pounds even in first class, which is kind of ridiculous. I'm pretty sure my bag itself weighs more than that. Meanwhile US carriers have more liberal limits, but are also wildly inconsistent when it comes to enforcing them. We've seen US airlines get stricter when it comes to policing carry-ons for a variety of reasons, including: The post Air Canada Starts Tagging Carry-On Bags… Should Other Airlines Follow? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...