Air Canada Reports Record September 2012 Load Factor

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Oct 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    English Link
    French Link

... more details at the links above ...

2. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    [
    Yeah, but if you want to really impress anyone you should mention the OTP! Hmmm, maybe not... What a joke...sell as many tickets as possible, then let everyone fend for themselves when you cannot provide the service in a timely manner. What is it 55% peak, 60% off peak? Please don't tell me your planners are that poor...

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not had any major issues all year with OTP -- if the flight is a few min late, that is not a concern. Always plan for such things and never make your time so tight. So overall if they get me to where I want to go then I am a happy flier. That is what I am paying for.

Now if the flights were continually cancelled etc it may be a concern. Have only had one cancelled flight, overseas, this year and they put me on the next flight in 1.5 hours before I even knew about the cancellation. So do not agree with the fending for themselves. I have found that the ground staff to a pretty good job of getting the passengers taken care of. It sounds like you had not had the same experience personally and that is too bad.

Maybe I have a lucky cat's foot :)

YULtide and guinnessxyz like this.

4. I have flown almost weekly both domestic and overseas with no cancellations and the very few late departures. The only two I can think of were weather related. Some people don't bother to use the tools AC has given to track their frlights

ACMM likes this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think also it is expectations ... some seem to thing everything should be 100% perfect. Nothing in life is 100% perfect (at least not in my life :eek:) ... so you have to go with the flow... on my one cancellation I was notified by the AC iPhone App that the flight was cancelled; called the SE desk and was told was already on the next flight, upgrade still in place, and to just go to the customer service desk and pick up my boarding pass. All good.

6. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was caught in a mini-nightmare scenario a couple of weeks ago. I was in YHZ needing to get to YUL to meet my boss for a connecting flight overseas when the fog rolled in. The plane due to take us to YUL was delayed and delayed and delayed, circling overhead waiting for favourable landing conditions. Then the dreaded announcement: they had been diverted to Moncton. So no plane to take me to YUL. At least not for a couple of hours, which would cause me to miss my connection. And worse, still, that connection was taking me to a third flight which only runs 3x per week. So missing the flight in YUL would mean being stuck somewhere for a few days or trying to find another way to get to my final destination (a complex part of the world to get to). (Total itinerary that day was YHZ-YUL-BRU-BJM).

Then they announced the flight had been cancelled. :eek:

A couple of minutes later, the ground staff asked people to stay put at the gate. Then they announced that there was a smaller plane in a hangar, which was being brought over. People with connections would be accommodated.

Several minutes later, the promised plane was towed up to the gate. The crew boarded, and the GA started calling names of people with connections, issuing new boarding passes, as there was now a new plane and a new flight number in play.

Our adventure wasn't over, though, as the computer system went down. So the GA started boarding people manually with no assigned seats.

Eventually we got into the air. It was still tense, as we had lost a lot of time. But as we were coming into YUL, the FA announced that the connecting flights had all been held for us. We were all going to make our connections. :cool:

Landing at YUL, I made my way to the gate for the connecting flight, met my boss, and carried on with my journey.

The only thing I lost was an upgrade on the cancelled flight (because the new plane had no J seats), and an hour in the MLL at YUL. Bottom line: I got to where I was ultimately going, on time in the end.

Kudos to Air Canada. :)

guinnessxyz, ACMM and canucklehead like this.