Air Canada Ranked Among Top Five Most Attractive Companies to Work for in Canada

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by tcook052, Sep 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A tad ironic given all the recent labour troubles.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2011/30/c8389.html

MONTREAL, Sept. 30, 2011 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has been ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada according to a survey of 7,000 Canadian jobseekers and workers conducted by Randstad Canada and ICMA International.

"It is a great honour for Air Canada, and a reflection of our commitment to excellence in a global market, to be recognized as one of the most attractive companies to work for in Canada," said Kevin Howlett, Senior Vice President, Employee Relations who accepted Air Canada's award at the Randstad Award ceremony held in Toronto last night. "Although in today's challenging economic climate jobs are at a premium, the fact remains that those with talent and ambition are still able to choose their careers and where they wish to pursue them. That Randstad has identified Air Canada as such a place, where people want to work and find professional fulfillment, is really a tremendous compliment to our organization."

Each year, Air Canada receives on average 70 applications for each position it seeks to fill. Air Canada employs 26,000 people across Canada and world wide.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused: this news has me puzzled.

tcook052 likes this.
  3. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    To borrow a line from the Tragically Hip, we live to survive our paradoxes was my first reaction to this survey coming at a time of labour unrest on several fronts.

4. As someone who flies AC almost weekly and a very long time super elite I would agree with that award. Unionized employees are programmed to complain but when you talk the big picture with them they do love their jobs.
    I find it difficult to accept the “expert opinions“ of casual travelers and others with preconceived ideas of what AC really is as a company and the services they do provide.

AC_Flyer, ACMM, milchap and 1 other person like this.
  5. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    guinnessxyz, welcome to MP and happy posting!

6. Thank you

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I second that - saw your post on the Bose thread also I think - welcome aboard! :)