Air Canada pilots and their stupidity~ a living hell for management

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by guinnessxyz, Jul 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://business.financialpost.com/2...f-management-union-after-labour-negotiations/

But Capt. Blandford acknowledged that there is a sect of the union unable to move past the concessions given during the airline’s bankruptcy restructuring in 2004, and convincing them to move forward would be a challenge.
    At the same time, the pilots showed little interest in the union taking an equity stake in the airline, and half of those surveyed said they opposed the current strategic direction of the union. More than 40% also said they supported a more ‘militant’ approach.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  2. AC's pilots are the worst employees ever anywhere. I have sat beside them on flights when they are deadheading and all I hear is whining and garbage talk. These guys work 8 days a month and most of them make well over $150K a year. Greed greed greed!!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like they could have given the AA unions a run for their money during the maneuvers regarding the merger. :rolleyes:

4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like some SEs.

5. left wing nut bars might be more appropriate

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:

Likely not fair to paint them all with the same brush. Its only takes a small vocal percentage to give everyone a bad name. Typically the silent majority maintains a much different view, but just don't tend to voice it. Air Canada is far from the only union to experience this problem. I could give many other, but less public, examples. I think its the slow change in the union landscape where the executive tends to get it, but some members will be have to be dragged along kicking and screaming.

LETTERBOY, YULtide and canucklehead like this.
  7. Pilot unions everywhere have tried and won, in the past, with bully negotiating and now that those days are over they are sulking. They detest their own leaders and the company management which shows how screwed up they really are.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    They also collectively have one of the best safety records in the industry, so I think that calling them the worst employees ever anywhere is hyperbole that does not advance the argument you are making. Hopefully AC management is significantly less vitriolic than you are or I can see that there would never be a resolution.

9. Worst employees in the sense of their entitlements is where I intended it to be. They would be even more stupid to short-circuit safety stuff. And, AC plays a big role in their approach to safety and the amount of training a pilot must have prior to flying any of their planes. Some of it is collaborative, obviously. And yes, I have met some very reasonable pilots but in general I have met many more stupid/greedy ones.

LETTERBOY likes this.