Air Canada opens Maple Leaf Lounge at Frankfurt Airport

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by sobore, Oct 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/n...opens-maple-leaf-lounge-at-frankfurt-airport/

Air Canada has opened its newest International Maple Leaf Lounge at Frankfurt Airport’s Terminal 1, Departures Area B. Located at Star Alliance’s largest airport hub and Air Canada’s second largest international station, Air Canada’s Frankfurt Maple Leaf Lounge is a serene, stylish oasis where eligible Air Canada and Star Alliance customers can rest, refuel or refresh before their flight in an inspiring, contemporary environment that is a celebration of Canadian design, artistry and craftsmanship.

“We are thrilled to welcome Air Canada and Star Alliance eligible customers to our new Maple Leaf Lounge in Frankfurt,” said Craig Landry, Vice President, Marketing. “Our newest International Maple Leaf Lounge was created as an extension of the overall travel experience for our Executive First customers. Showcasing contemporary Canadian design, artwork and the majestic natural beauty of Canada, customers will enjoy a calm and inspiring environment in which to work or relax before their Air Canada or connecting Star Alliance flight.”

Read More: http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/n...opens-maple-leaf-lounge-at-frankfurt-airport/

DebraI and mht_flyer like this.
  2. After all these years of using a LH lounge there it will really be a good feeling to finally enter one of our own. London is next in 2014

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw the signs for this in FRA last week. I'm actually surprised they would open one there, the LH senator lounges are actually quite good in my opinion.

milchap likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would seem to be an improvement for AC business class passengers without *Gold status.

guinnessxyz and mht_flyer like this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    And will they let in E35Ks, or is that domestic MLLs only?

guinnessxyz likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't look like it unless you select all MLLs as a Select Privilege based on this information:

Altitude Elite 35K members can access the Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder depature zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia), They can also choose to receive complimentary access to all Maple Leaf Lounges as a Select Privilege.

guinnessxyz and YULtide like this.
  7. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    The LH lounges are very crowded.....not my favorite place

YULtide likes this.
  8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH lounge at MUC is somewhat more pleasant during Oktoberfest season! ;)

milchap likes this.
  9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    AC business class passengers would be able to use the LH Frequent Traveler lounge, which has virtually the same offering as the Senator lounge.

Since LH opened the new lounges in A/Z, as well as larger one in B, the lounges don't seem as crowded as before, and I think the offering is quite good. AC must be hoping to save money by not having to pay LH for lounge admissions

10. LH had wanted AC to have their own lounge for a long time, as did AC, but there wasn't space in the terminal

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would disagree. IME the SEN lounges are noticeably better, with better F&B.

12. Have you been to the new lounge yet?

13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    No.

I might add that since AC doesn't offer IFC, for a passenger who purchases an expensive ticket for the top cabin class to be sent to LH's third lounge doesn't make AC look good.

14. and that info comes from where?

15. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it reasonable to assume that this will be in the new T2 when it opens, right?

16. Very reasonable and no assumption needed:)

17. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reality. A non-status passenger paying full fare "ExecutiveFirst" on AC would have only had access to the LH Business lounge, not the Senator lounge.

18. True but its not AC's fault. LH does not permit other *A top paying pax in that lounge and neither does SQ in SIN

19. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Who said anything about placing blame?? Also, don't business passengers in SIN get access to the SKL? I thought it was *G who got screwed there. And other *A F passengers get access to the F side of the lounge, just not TPR.

20. nobody but SQ F pax get into their top lounge AFAIK

21. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same for ANA F lounge at NRT.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  22. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's The Private Room. I believe other F passengers get in to the F side of the SKL.
    I don't believe this is accurate.

23. AC does not have a F product and their full J pax cannot access the SQ F lounge

24. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But they can access the SKL, a step up from the Singapore Gold Lounge.

Also, does AC actually serve SIN? Their route map seems to suggest they do not.

25. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fact and my opinion of it.