Air Canada lounges

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by egar2019, Sep 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. egar2019

egar2019 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm traveling on Air Canada via Toronto and lufthansa via Munich on an international trip soon (only in economy :( . I'm wondering if there are any benefits to having plat. on United (star gold). I asked the United rep via the premier line and she wasn't too helpful.

Are lounges available in Toronto free for those with star gold? Any insight would be most appreciated. Thank you.

YULtide likes this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a star gold, you'll be able to use the Maple Leaf Lounge (air canada lounge) in Toronto. You can also use the Luftansa lounge in Munich, or any other Star Alliance lounges. You'll see the Star Gold logo on the door of the lounges.

YULtide likes this.
  3. egar2019

egar2019 Active Member

Status Points:

Great. Thanks so much. I was thinking you had to be in business or FC for lounge access.

4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In FRA or MUC you can use LH Senator lounges, not only Business lounges... Senator lounges are generally more classy with better offerings and better layout... not necessarilly less crowded, however... ;)

6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the OP is flying at the end of the month or in October the new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in Frankfurt area B should also be open and at least the PR photos look very nice indeed.

7. egar2019

egar2019 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - everyone!

8. Absolute99

Absolute99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In answer for the YYZ question, there are 3 Maple Leaf Lounges there - Domestic, Transborder, and International departures. All all open for Star Gold members.

If you're going international from YYZ, you'll be departing from the E gates, a dedicated International area. You'll have to walk down a long concourse to get there, and down some stairs to the gates. Don't go down the stairs - the MLL is at the end of the hallway, to the right of the stairs.

Not a bad place, good chairs (depending on how many flights are leaving), and drinks.

YULtide likes this.