Air Canada iPhone App

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Apr 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Air Canada iPhone App has been updated to version 2.2.

[​IMG]

2. AirCanadaMobile

AirCanadaMobile Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

Anyone have any comments on our update? How do you like Air Canada Vacations in the App?

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile

milchap and ACMM like this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    First - welcome to milePoint. Glad to have you here :)

I use the app and find it very useful. I know that there is still a limitation of not being to add via PNR if there is a codeshare flight or *A flight - so am hoping for that in future.
    AC Vacations is not something I have used yet but glad to see a full breadth of information available.

4. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any chance that there is going to be an AC app for WP7?

5. AirCanadaMobile

Status Points:
    Thanks for the warm welcoming!

Good news for you:
    With this update, that limitation should be gone :) you should be able to see all of the codeshare flights.

Best Regards,

Air Canada Mobile Team

ACMM likes this.
  6. AirCanadaMobile

Status Points:
    Hi Igloo,

We get a lot of questions about other platforms. Particularly Android, WP7 and Tablets. We are looking at the mobile environment to see what we are going to do. Android is on our radar and with its growing market share we will be making an app for it in the future. But as for when we cannot give a date. As WP7 is still relatively new we are still evaluating the platform to see whether or not we will be making an app for that in the near future.

Hopefully that answers your question

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile

ACMM likes this.
  7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent - I have an upcoming trip (not yet booked) that will have this so should know soon :)

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ACV is first Canadian tour operator to go mobile

Link

MONTREAL, April 20 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada Vacations became the first tour operator in Canada to offer customers a free mobile application for Apple® and BlackBerry® devices. Air Canada Vacations mobile is a component of Air Canada's three-in-one mobile app, available on mobile.aircanada.com, which also features apps for Air Canada and Air Canada Cargo. More than 150,000 downloads of the Air Canada Vacations app have already been registered since it was launched April 12th.

The Air Canada Vacations app gives mobile customers access to their Air Canada Vacations bookings, including flight information, flight tracking notifications, online check-in and many more flight-related features. What's unique about Air Canada Vacations mobile is that it provides Air Canada Vacations' Top 10 Deals of the Day, as well as vacation package and destinations search functions, with access to hotels, car rentals and everything customers need to plan their next vacation. Other features of the Air Canada Vacations app include creating and managing a vacation wish list, providing feedback to the Air Canada Vacations team and once a vacation package is booked, customers can count down to their upcoming vacation.

"We're excited to be the first Canadian tour operator to offer a mobile application," said Zeina Gedeon, President and CEO, Air Canada Vacations. "We have been at the forefront of web-based and social media innovation. Air Canada Vacations' website is very popular and we have a strong social media following, and with this mobile application we can be even closer to our customers. Air Canada's user-friendly app for Apple and BlackBerry devices has received great reviews in addition to winning several awards."

More in link above ...

AirCanadaMobile and milchap like this.
  9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just added my booking reference to the latest iteration of the app ... too the United code share flights with no issue as well as the AC operated flights! :)

I also like how in the My Flights page it shows the AC Flights in red logo and the code share in black logo. Small thing but nice to distinguish them.

Did not allow me to set a notification for the codeshare flights however.. I can see why not but that would be something of use also.

10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do have a suggestion for the app ... while it does allow me to add my itinerary with the booking reference, after that I have no view of what that booking reference identifier was. It would be useful to me to see the booking reference associated with the flight(s) if in fact I had used it to add to my My Flights list.

11. AirCanadaMobile

Status Points:
    Thank's for the suggestion and we are on it!
    In the near future, there will be some major enhancements to the app. Part of this will include this feature where you will be able to see your Passenger Reference Number. While I cannot say an exact date, I can say that we hope for a summer release to serve our summer travelers.

Regards,
    Air Canada Mobile

ACMM likes this.
  12. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news - thanks for the update!

13. Tried to add flights by booking reference and got "booking reference not found". Can find it ok via the internet. Any ideas?

14. wwtsang

wwtsang Silver Member

Status Points:
    i added via booking reference that consists of UA codeshare flights on AC metal and UA ones, the UA ones showed up with AC codeshare numbers as * flights, but the ones on AC metal did not, just curious if this is intended or not

like the app overall and look forward to the next update

15. AirCanadaMobile

Status Points:
    Hi sorry for the wait for a response,

@barry_guest: The find booking by booking reference has some limitations, and therefore did not find your flight. for example right now we cannot find your flight if it was booked with Aeroplan. But if you can find it online, that means that the itinerary is good.

@wwtsang: The flights should show up based on the operator of the flight. So if it is a UA flight is should show the * logo, and for Air Canada it should show the Air Canada logo.

Hopefully these answers your questions :)

Regards,
    Air Canada Mobile

16. flying-gal
    Original Member

flying-gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    A big welcome to Air Canada Mobile.
    Always nice to see any AC rep communicating with us.

I use the AC app on my iPad.

17. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The AC iPhone app has been updated today

9-14-2012 3-59-07 PM.jpg

18. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yawn.

Any idea if they will recognize the existence of Android? Or have they simply drunk way too much Apple Kool Aid?

No doubt their next app will be for Atari.

19. I've slowly but but surely started using the app on my BB tablet much more and it works quite well. I can access my flight passes directly w/o going through the main web site. it works well for checking out timetables as well Good app.

20. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... next platform will be the Palm -- just for you ;)

YULtide and guinnessxyz like this.
  21. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Already done. I had their Palm schedule until they stopped supporting it.

ACMM likes this.
  22. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of April (most recent data I can find quickly) Market share in Canada, with comparison to 12 months earlier looks like this:

RIM 33% down from 41%
    Android 31% up from 26%
    Apple 28% up from 23%

Suggestion: AC does probably still need to support RIM, but Android should be at least as important in their plans as Apple.

Source:
    http://www.businessreviewcanada.ca/...ferences-in-2012-show-rim-losing-market-share

23. AirCanadaMobile

Status Points:
    Hi,

Thank you very much for your interest in our product offering. Android is very important in our future goals and we have Android in our roadmap at this time. I am very sorry about the cryptic answer, but we cannot officially give out our roadmap items and dates for the future.

We acknowledge that we serve a diverse group of people with different needs, some find their needs suited by RIM others by Android, Apple and Windows. While we did start with some "Apple Kool-Aid" we do also like Ice Cream Sandwiches, Jelly beans and the occasional Mango.

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Regards,

Air Canada Mobile

YULtide, Wageslave and ACMM like this.
  24. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ACM - thanks for dropping in and letting us know what you could :) Appreciate it.

YULtide and Wageslave like this.
  25. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your response. I do look forward to the AC Android app! :)

ACMM likes this.