Air Canada forum members personal discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by YEGman, Sep 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    As usual a bunch of statements with no proof whatsoever.

GoodBoy likes this.
  2. whatever the ignored member, whose post I won't read, has said is generally BS and/or nonsense. It is generally designed to go off topic.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. rabu

rabu Silver Member

Status Points:
    oh man, I love poppin back in here once in a while to see whatever AC-lovin' fluff guinness (or whatever his alias of the month is) posts

Chimpy and GoodBoy like this.
  4. Nordsfan
    ACYSB
    Parnel
    The lev
    Tax dude
    yyz nomad
    academic
    prefer bulkhead
    simon
    among many many others who have stayed with AC

Another theory shot to hell.

If I had the proper software I could sort out the hypocrites who have threatened to leave AC and either came crawling back or never left. That list would be long.

Then there are the travel agents and others who don't fly or can't fly and who insist on attacking AC for some sick rationale.

I have been to Asia 6 times this year all on AC and never considered CX or SQ. I have eight colleagues/partners who don't frequent TOBB and still fly AC exclusively.

16000 plus actual SE's also prove you wrong. I know one stupid character who might challenge that number because the fact is he looks dumb for always ignorantly suggesting otherwise.

FACT: AC is growing their revenues and their BIS each year recently. The fact they have reduced "benefits/privileges is proof enough they have enough top tier fliers willing to buy into their business model. The fact that many lower tier or irregular fliers can't get freebies for tickets paid for by their Companies does not seem to bother AC and HAS NOT hurt their revenue base as many have suggested over the last few years.

Try looking at the actual facts for a change. Fertilizer,at this time of year, should be spread on your lawn.

The other issue not looked at by the "TOBB hoi polloi" is that AC is not competing for FF recognition with other NA airlines. They are now mostly a long haul driven international carrier and thus mostly look at what other international carriers do.

maradori and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. Well well another genius at the podium. I tell people what they don't want to hear and that is freebies are history unless you pay for the privilege.
    PS I have no other alias here other than rabu:D

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. Slalom, great post. It only gets personal if you are happy with AC and go up against those who like to play the"bottom feeder" game and think its their right to get lots of freebies (100% upgrades, AE tickets whenever they want them,etc) from AC for tickets mostly purchased by their employer. I simply maintain that AC is a for profit business and need to operate in a profitable manner for their shareholders. And, there is a lot of history between many posters, some good some bad.
    I have met many people here and in fact go on an annual mileage run with two of them to burn off our previous year's surplus ecerts. And, I have even done business with some members. so, its what you make of the opportunities presented here. I like the expression "light and airy" for these boards.
    Glad you learn stuff here. There is a wealth of knowledge available if you ask the questions.
    And, before he reminds us for the 1000th time Canadian will tell us he flies on his own dime and expects AC or his "carrier of the day" to subsidize his travel. He tries to apply CDN medicare to his personal travel habits:)

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. 2by4

2by4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the travel expense is declared as a tax deductible business expense, then is it his own dime?

GoodBoy likes this.
  8. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed for Canada Revenue Agency.

9. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, this is a story for the ages, they(the antagonists) have met each other in real life ! You should have seen the sh!t that was posted on the old Canflyer by a few, including the Flyertalk AC Mod ! It never ends....and never will ! That is why there are so many private websites that have popped up !

Chimpy and GoodBoy like this.
  10. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    slalom: guinessxyz or parnel or the Oakvillain or whatever other pseudonym he tries to use got his start on a site called errorplan.com where he regularly bashed the Central Canadian Carrier and extolled the virtues of WestJet because - and this is rich - he failed to fly enough one year to make SE and they refused to give it to him!! Speaking of bottom-feeding abusers....

I was just talking to him last Friday when Ms. YEGman and I were in Toronto driving on the QEW through Oakville where he resides and spends his hours waiting for his handlers to provide him with unsubtantiated 'facts' that he posts for the unsuspecting to read. Ms. YEGman spent too long at the blackjack tables so we were unable to hook up later that evening with him.:)

Now he has me on ignore here because he can't face the music when called out but still tries to slam me on canflyer.ca where he was earlier today!

Concerto and GoodBoy like this.
  11. I see my "ignored" fans are writing again. I will bet there are at least three lies in there if not more. Regardless of what anyone says AC is in business to make money. If a FF program costs them revenues and profits it will go the way of a do do bird.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  12. or his real name Terry Quinn

Concerto likes this.
  13. is there a real Terry Quinn that would admit to it?:D

Concerto likes this.
  14. they are all lying about Terry Quinn, seem he has just a few enemies

" guinessxyz or parnel or the Oakvillain or whatever other pseudonym he tries to use' or his real name Terry Quinn

:p:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
    Concerto likes this.
  15. terry still circulating?

Concerto likes this.
    • Original Member
    Terry QuinnSilver Member
    • You are ignoring content by this member.
    I am the former parnel and many other aliases :)on FT and the current parnel on canflyer.com.
    I fly for business, for pleasure and for MR weekends with a hapless duo:D of drappier fans . Current projects will see me in places like the Congo, Tanzania, YMM, YSB, YVR, YWG and YUL. Will be going to LHR and DUB many times this year for a family event and should possibly cross the 2MM level with AC. I have already flown over 44K SM so far this year.

My wife thinks that its cargo section behind the J curtain as I have earned and spent over 6mm Aeroplan miles since 1988 and many more from 1984 to 1988 and spent over a million miles on CP before they were acquired. If AC included CP miles in their calcs (hint hint AC) I would be pushing the 3MM level.
    My current avatar depicts how I feel about the Toronto maple losers. [​IMG]Terry Quinn, Feb 12, 2011Repor

Concerto likes this.
    • You are ignoring content by this member.

:rolleyes: Yawn. I'm very impressed, Terry (er...your highness...er...SuperElite-ness). :rolleyes:

You said that you're soon to be a 2MM lifetime SE. Since this is an online forum and I cannot read your mind, it seemed like you were saying that you'll be getting lifetime SE at 2MM. So I was just letting you know that it's not until 3MM. No way for me to know that you clearly knew that. Though, you do claim to know everything about everything when it comes to AC, so...my bad.:p
    1. first of all most posts here were tongue ion cheek...humour obviusly doesn't touch those who fly YYC/YYZ most of the time in the back rows.;)
    2. Never said I know everything about AC but I do know things and have made friends with people at all levels in the organization. :rolleyes:
    AKA PARNEL

Concerto likes this.
  16. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    parnel is the single-most reason the Air Canada thread on this site gets so little traffic.

Concerto and GoodBoy like this.
  17. yeah not a fan here either, since he's entered the FLounge, that accounts for c 25% of all traffic on MP, he's sent our second most liked poster on all of MP, Concerto off, he sent very insulting and threatening PM's to her, a pity management don't see it for what it is, consistent with what you've said, and other old FT'ers that have been about for years, that he's a bully, insults people, and posts totally inappropriate posts, another one of our favourite members in the lounge had an anti semitic post he posted reported, the first non spam bot post he's ever reported, when one member that's upset numerous long standing posters, you'd think they'd get rid of him.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    Concerto likes this.
  18. this is what Terry Quinn/ guinessxyz/parnel wrote to the second most liked member on all of MP, and a female btw

"But, if you keep up your BS I will go after you unmercifully."

I frankly find that threatening and offensive

Concerto likes this.
  19. here's another post about guinessxyz from a long standing popular member

Quote:

If the purpose of the joke is to provide further exposition into your beliefs and lack of personal insight it has succeeded.

It is the first post I have reported that is not a spambot post.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
    Concerto likes this.
  20. numerous other long standing members have PM'd me and told me they've complained to management, but nothing's happened.

I've also been told by one long term FT'er in a PM that Randy was for a Terry Quinn lifetime ban back when he ran FT;

I've also been told by another long term FT'er in a PM that he ran four and maybe more alias accounts on FT, and that Randy personally cleaned the all out of the system.

Concerto likes this.
  21. here's a PM i received from a very old time FT'er, a credible member here and on FT

"Terry is just a school yard bully. He zeros in on someone in a forum and goes after them like a rabid dog, no matter how factually incorrect he may be. He was turfed off FT when he got too nasty. Randy personally made sure all his aliases were shut down. But for some reason he has been permitted to post to MP, and go about his old nasty self. He continues to exhibit his ignorance of matters he talks about. You can always report him to Randy."

Concerto likes this.

22. here's another from a long term FT'er and MP member

On flyertalk when Randy Peterson still owned it, he concurred in the lifetime ban of Terry. I believe that Terry now posts there under a number of pseudonyms.

It's somewhat disturbing that he is now allowed free rein here.

Concerto likes this.