Air Canada - BOG-YYZ-MAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by npombo, Apr 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, It's my first post, I really don't know if its the right place.

I'm flying with Air Canada from BOG to MAD with an stop at YYZ (obvious reason, is their hub). I took this flight because I won a price with them, and I really don't care if I stop at YYZ.

My question is, one stop is for around 14 hours, is an overnight stop, and I will be travelling with an transit visa, is there anyway I can stay in the Airport Hotel? or this requieres to have another visa?

Thanks for your help.

2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    It will depend on the agreement between your home country and Canada. But if you choose to leave the airport, you will definitely need something. Whether you leave the airport for 10 days or 10 hours, it will be the same requirement. I am going to assume that you are from Columbia. You might want to consider contacting the Canadian embassy in your home country to determine what are the Visa requirements.

3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the forum.
    And good luck.

YULtide likes this.
  5. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys for your help.

Yes I'm from Colombia and according to the link, I need visa to stay and to transit. It will be the same kind of visa, so then I will be allowed to exit the airport for the time being in Canada.

Thanks again.