Air Canada Adds Montreal-Venice, Doubles Montreal-Paris flights for Summer 2015 Schedule

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Sep 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not something likely i will use but ...

Link

2015 summer peak capacity increase of 20 per cent over 2014 for a total of 50 per cent capacity growth from Montreal to Europe over the past two years

MONTREAL, Sept. 25, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today it is boosting its international Summer 2015 capacity to Europe from Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport by 20 per cent over 2014 with the launch of seasonal non-stop flights between Montreal and Venice, a doubling of flights to Paris and added service toAthens and Barcelona.

"Air Canada continues its international expansion from Montreal next summer led by the addition of new Air Canada rouge service between Montreal and Venice. Other enhancements to the summer schedule include double daily Air Canada service to Paris from Montreal, featuring Air Canada's award-winning International Business Class service, and increased weekly Air Canada rouge frequencies to such popular vacation destinations as Barcelona and Athens," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines, at Air Canada. "This represents a 20% capacity increase toEurope over last summer, 50% over the past two years, reinforcing Montréal-Trudeau Airport as a strategic hub and international gateway for Air Canada, connecting its Québec, Atlantic Canada and U.S. networks with its European routes."

More at the link above ...

Newscience, londoncalling and uggboy like this.
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think AF is starting to feel the pinch of good competition on that route. They were cleaning AC's clock for many years and it was driving AC bonkers.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    ACMM likes this.
  3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've flown from Montreal to Paris before. More seats is good and there is defintely need of that route.

londoncalling, YULtide and ACMM like this.
  4. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Buried in the fine print is that capacity has been increased to Lima by switching YYZ-LIM to Rouge effective next May. Bet that will go over big with the Canadian mining executives who travel there.

ACMM likes this.
  5. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Obviously those same mining execs. haven't been forking over enough money to keep that flight on mainline service. The most unhappy people, however, will be the very senior crews who love that route because they get two or three layover days with full living out allowances.

6. allbrosca

allbrosca Active Member

Status Points:
    I guess I will go via BOG now or TAM, COPA, LAN? I have tried premium ROUGE. No good on an overnight.

londoncalling and ACMM like this.
  7. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Don't forget they have also added YYZ- Mt. Tremblant for this winter. That will put further pressure on Porter as WJA also expand their regional flights to the east.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    ACMM likes this.