Air canada *a awards availability

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by chz2215, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does AC release much business class award availability to partners? If so how far out is it typically released? Anyone have feedback on their product? Thanks!

2. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm quite happy with AC's hard product (lie-flat sleeper pods in trans-oceanic J) and personal IFE with power at every seat in Y (2 plugs for every 3 seats) but the service is hit and miss especially in the Y cabin. Within NA there are no sleeper seats and only wifi on LAX-YYZ/YUL but I'm as a rule happier on AC than on US/UA.

As far as reward availability it's very hit and miss they play with revenue management a whole heckuva lot and if you're looking for a specific flight I'd highly recommend setting up an alert on Expert Flyer.

3. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. I have an alert setup on expert flyer. They have 2 seats open on the flights I am looking at but I need 3. Hopefully they open one more soon. I would like to try their product.

4. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure about the award spaces allocated for partners but for us Aeroplan members, it is very difficult to secure executive class awards on AC metal outside of the few domestic routes on a regular award. For other routes, you would often have to secure them via the classic plus awards which charge ridiculous amounts of mileages (3-5x the amount of the regular ones).

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Partner inventory is no better than "home" availability, but it is not horrible. Not as plentiful as LH for TATL, but it shows up reasonably often, depending on the route.