Aiming for Gold

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by cliq, Mar 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have EBB and my tracking period starts this June. I would like to know how to get to gold as fast as possible... I know there is flying and im going to fly :) I heard required segments and points are now increased. Is this true?

Does it make sense to go for Gold on any of the other partners on Star Alliance if they are easier? I am leisure traveler that flies business sometimes... (Domestic, European & Long haul)

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The easiest *A partner for *Gold, at just 19,000 status miles, is Aegean. However, be sure that you do not lose important benefits that SAS offers to it's own elites.

sobore likes this.
  3. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read from here that Aegean is the deal but I am just wondering is it really worth it since I might be missing the SAS lounges? Am I right?? They are both having similar benefits but we dont have Aegean lounges here so I will not be able to visit SAS lounges. Am I correct?

Actually what the EBG give is Biz check-in, 1 extra baggage on SAS grp, Estonian Air & *A carriers, hotel benefits, 25% more basic pts with SAS grp flights, no award booking fees @ member service, priority waiting list & standby, SAS hotline, lounge access worldwide, fast tract security & excl. EB offers. All these are quite similar to what Aegean Gold holder gets :)

4. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both Aegean and SAS are members of Star Alliance, so with a Gold card from either SAS or Aegean (or Lufthansa, Asiana or any other Star Alliance carrier), you will enjoy the benefits of increased luggage allowance, lounge access etc., when flying any Star Alliance carrier.
    An Aegean Gold card will however not give you benefits when flying Wideroe, Estonian and other non-Star Alliance partners, like EBG would.

Read more about lounge access here.

cliq likes this.
  5. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many thanks for your comment. Thought so too since Estonian Air does not belong to Star Alliance so only EB points is possible through them.