Aid to Japan - bonus miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by FlyingVizzer, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingVizzer
    Original Member

FlyingVizzer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is NOT a solicitation to help/donate money to aid the Japanese people. By now, if you were gonna do it, you probably have.

However, if you want to donate more or were going to anyways, you might as well earn some miles from it right?

https://american.redcross.org/site/...nes-pub&JServSessionIdr004=5mlwwqizd4.app195a

In case someone needs a little nudge to donate some more money, you can get free American Airlines miles.

Right now, people in Japan can use all the help they can get and Redcross is one of the best ways to get the proper aid there. No, I don't work for Redcross but my family/friends are all in Tokyo so spreading the word is the least I can do. At least I brought miles with it instead of just soliciting, right? :)

karung99, penumpang and doc like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don’t know about that, I think there may be more folks like myself that know the original earthquake & tsunami were terrible events but now compounded with the nuclear aspect make this a devastating 1,2,3 punch, and who now would like to give.

So thanks for posting. The American Red Cross is a great organization. I'm very territorial with my charitable giving and normally only support worthwhile Chicago area organizations but make exceptions periodically, this time the tragedy in Japan being one of them.

So thanks again for posting.

karung99 likes this.
  3. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice for AA to do this. have to send in my receipts from last weeks donations.

4. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just donated. It looks like they are facing a long recovery and they need all the help they can get.

5. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL has donated money, so I'd be surprised if one couldn't donate SkyMiles, either now or later, through their miles for charity (or whatever it's called) program. It might take some time for them to set this up as an official charity for the miles.

7. Mileage Junky
    Original Member

Mileage Junky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone received the bonus miles with AA and United/Continental for one donation?