Ah, typical lounge behavior ...

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by GenevaFlyer, Jan 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    So I find myself in a reasonably quiet Crown Lounge 52 today .... only to experience some wonderful lounge behavior.

A guy on Skype, without headset, talking about the budget for his company, actual employee costs, and comments from his counterpart, "X and Y are expensive compared to my rate".

I did walk up to him to indicate that his employees may not be charmed about their costs being discussed in the open, but he just continues on ....

Where did manners go in our day and age?

GenevaFlyer

WilliamQ, estnet, Tracy T. and 4 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    GenevaFlyer,
    Thanks for your posting! IMHV, manners have gone out the window with the general public use of cell phones and skype. I'll never forget the time when a fellow in the airport boarding line used his bluetooth to describe his love life, and in a very loud voice... :eek:
    Unfortunately, manners are something that makes many of us appear rather quaint. But why change from being polite? Kudos to you for saying something to Mr. Skype! ;)
    Newscience

WilliamQ, estnet and gregm like this.
  3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not excusing his behavior but I have to admit that my voice tends to get louder when I'm speaking on my phone. My husband constantly gives me the lower-your-voice hand signals. I don't know why this happens, but I think this could apply to an awful lot of others. :rolleyes:

Newscience likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Take out your smartphone (if you have one) and record it. Then put it on the internet. That might teach him to stop doing that. And if it doesn't, maybe it'll at least get back to someone in his company and cause some fireworks. :D

WilliamQ, estnet, Tracy T. and 3 others like this.
  5. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi Fete,

Yes, a loud voice on the phone could be one thing ... but have a Skype conference call on loudspeaker is totally different ... I was hearing both sides of a budget discussion ....

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or here's another idea: take the recording you made with your smartphone, and after you put it on the internet, give it to some of his company's competitors (if you can figure out which company he works for and who the competitors are). That would really set off some fireworks! :D I'm not sure if that would be legal, though. :oops:

Newscience likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some people are really idiots. I remember the one flight where I was in domestic F in an aisle seat, and in the row in front of me on the other side of the aisle was a person working on her laptop. Every time I looked down the aisle I couldn't help but see the powerpoint she was working on. Each page was graced by the logo of my employer's, then, primary competitor. And the powerpoint appeared to be some kind of strategy plan...

WilliamQ, LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish they'd keep all these business types out of lounges so us families with children could relax in peace!

9. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    With my delayed CDG-JFK A380 flight last month, I spent a whole lot of time in the AF lounge, stuffing my face. I saw a guy pocketing almost every tea bag on the counter. Kind of reminded me of my grandma and the sweet-n-low! (My point: you see it all in the lounges.)