After MVP fast track to Gold Elite, fast track to Diamond?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by travelinmike33, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I know the answer to this, but thought I'd check to be sure. I am currently Gold Elite thanks to the MVP campaign (4 stays or 9 nights within 90 days).

In my account page, I don't see anything about X nights/stays/points until next level. My question is, do I have to meet the normal Diamond thresholds listed on the website?
    Or is there some sort of calculation between Diamond and Gold that I have to meet? For example, the 28 stays mentioned above minus the 16 required to attain Gold, leaving 12 stays until Diamond?

Pretty sure it's the normal thresholds, but it would be nice to see that goal on my profile.

2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the answer is you have to earn Diamond status by the regular nights or stays. With Gold status, you will get many of the Diamond benefits including access to Executive lounges based upon availability, free breakfast, free internet, etc. You don't have access to Diamond award inventory, guaranteed reservations, etc.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received my Gold card after doing the MVP Fast Track. It says I have Gold Status until 3/2013. Does anyone know in order to achieve Diamond I have to do the original number of stays required or do I just need to complete the difference in stays required to reach gold vs diamond. Basically you need 16 stays, 36 mights, or 60,000 points for Gold and 28 stays, 60 mights, or 100,000 points. Since I have Gold already for next year, does that mean I only need 12 more stays, 24 nights, or 40,000 more points to read Diamond or would I have to get a total of 28/60/100000 at the end of 2011 to get Diamond. Anyone know?

4. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a interesting Question to me too!
    Have somebody here a answer or some advice?
    Just in Case i ever want to change to Hilton... ;)

Greetings Mark

5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it's essentially universal across programs that if you are granted status through non-standard paths, you need to complete the full requirement (or take advantage of some different offer) to get to the next tier. The exception is if the fast-track promo gives you XX stays, XX nights, XX EQMs, etc. which the MVP does not.