After Five Months, American Discontinues New York To Viracopos Route

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    There's no arguing that American's single strongest international market is Latin America. While American is doing their best to catch up with the other legacies in Asia and Europe, they have a clear advantage in Latin America. Heck, they fly to 10 destinations in Brazil. If I'm being perfectly honest, I can't even name 10 cities in Brazil. While American seems to be able to make just about any route to Latin America work, I was a bit surprised when they announced they would launch new flights to Viracopos, Brazil, as of December 2014. This included daily service between Miami and Viracopos, as well as 3x weekly service between New York and Viracopos. That Airport is about 50 miles from the Sao Paulo Airport, though admittedly with traffic there's quite a bit of distance between the two airports. The post After Five Months, American Discontinues New York To Viracopos Route appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...