After Decimating Their Frequent Flyer program AA asks you vote them the best in the Freddy's

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ahappyelite, Feb 25, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    The boundless audacity of Wall Street dba the airlines is truly Orwellian.
    Then there is the company that made air travel the pits inviting you to fly the friendly skies
    This is how dumb corporate America is convinced people are.
    Air travel in all domestic classes is worse than ever with few exceptions.

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They gave me lifetime Platimun so I voted for them.

INDIANAPOLIS — Republic Airways Holdings Inc. is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, as it struggles with a plunge in profits and a pilot shortage.

The Indianapolis-based carrier said Thursday the move allows it continue normal flight schedules while it restructures its finances and contracts. It says it will retain its collective bargaining agreements with its unions.

The airline’s pilots fly regional jets for American, United and Delta. The bigger airlines have been hiring pilots away from regional operators like Republic.

Republic had been unable to hire enough replacements due in part to a labor dispute which was eventually resolved.

3. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    Yes this company was so blindly greedy the pilots decided not to work for $33,000 those selfish b tards taking everyone down and Proving once again aerial mass transit can't be left in the hands of avaricious speculators...Our national air system is an abomination and is getting worse every day. Anyone see the new United first class? The chipmunk toilets?

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I knew a lot of guys who built many flight hours on these gigs,

Real jet time is expensive when you are acquiring hours. This is the reason most pilots come from the military,

I have ferried my share of aircraft, building hours.

Everyone has to pay their dues, I know of very few pilots that started at the top.

5. mre5765

mre5765 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After the decimation, AA is still the best program. Because the others were decimated previously.

Counsellor likes this.
  6. ahappyelite

Status Points:
    WORTHLESS. For most people as far as mileage earning, spending-based Advantage is worthless, not even worth entering your number for most flights. As an elite prior to the Obamamergers, after 12 transcons ($3600 spend) you would get a business class ticket to an exotic place on a great partner carrier, now you would need to do more than 200. ($60,000-$40.000 spend) Just fly the lowest cost carrier (or cut back on your flying 90% which I have done.) The great irony is that with air travel a totally sucky experience, if there was real competition they would have to provide incentives now more than ever. Instead, pure unbridled greed necessitates that air travel be worse every day. Corporate America/Wall Street has shamefully lowered the expectations of the young with the new ordeal as normal air travel system, and now most audaciously would like you to vote to endorse the shambolic shambles that the aircartel has turned air travel into. "Most least worthless frequent flyer program." And the media coddling of this cartel is corrupt to the core.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016