AF Booking for ST Elite+ and a Non-Status Pax

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by rwoman, Aug 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

Just something I noticed. I booked LHR-CDG-LHR for my best friend (no status..yet!) and I on AF. AF automatically checked us in and assigned seats in the foward cabin.

One thing stood out...it did give me the ST Elite+ baggage allowance (2 bags), but kept hers at 1 bag. Just something to keep in mind if you're traveling with non-elite companions!

Also, the website would not take her SM # - I called the DM desk to add it to our booking...no luck..called the AF UK customer service and they said it was in there now...I hope so!

:)robin

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't understand your comment about being assigned seats in the forward cabin. Do you mean that you and your companion were automatically upgraded to European business class at OLCI without asking? What fare code did you have? This wasn't earlier, either at purchase or at some upgrade window? Did you try to reserve specific seats earlier? (I assume you were on the same PNR as the companion.)

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, no, we were automatically given seats in the first rows of Y...not PE or F; AF sent me an "automatic check in email" with boarding cards...I had to do nothing, which was a bit odd.. :) It is the same PNR - only requested we'd sit together since seats are not assigne duntil OLCI.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did they block the center seat or were people packed in, even in the first rows of coach?

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, no - put us in middle-window. I changed it to two aisle seats...only a 50 min flight, but I'd rather not be in the middle. :D

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're lucky to have been able to change to two aisles. Did you change yourself during OLCI, and still get in the front of coach, or was it a matter of begging the GA?

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I did it after I recelived the auto-checkin BP's - just went to airfrance.us to do OLCI. Gave the me the option to select seats. Flights are not until tomorrow and this flt looks wide open, at least as of right now. :) We were automatically assigned to row 12 and I changes it to row 15. :)