AF A340-300

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by Gargoyle, Feb 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm seated in row 21 on an AF 340-300. Per DL that is economy comfort/premium economy, but per SeatGuru it's a standard economy seat. I checked with two different DL Plat line agents, both see it marked as econ comfort (there is a dollar sign next to the seat on their map, not a standard marking). They can't access rows 14-16 at all on my ticket class (V, about as low as you can get in normal ticketing pecking order). Those rows appear to be the real premium economy, and it appears to be a two class flight (Biz/Econ, no First).

So, am I in a better seat than the ones further back, or is it the same?

af-343-seating.jpg

2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those 3 rows, 14-16 are PE but the seats are horrible. You won't be missing anything but a "slump down" seat. I [once] actually purchased the seat via DL and was extremely disappointed.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks, that's reassuring to know I'm not missing out on a better experience. :)

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    AF doesn't offer EC, just their premium economy cabin which requires different fare classes. KLM has EC but no premium economy, just like DL. Only a few AF routes and aircraft offer IFC. IIRC AF does set aside some good coach seats for their own FFers, so this could be the meaning of the $ sign that the DL phone agent is seeing. I don't think DL elites can get these seats.

You should reserve your seat directly with AF. Don't trust what DL says or what you see on DL seatmaps.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I can get at the seatmap on AF.com; it offers me the standard economy seats but not the premium economy seats. I did get bumped up to one of those seats once, I'd have to check my records to see what plane I was on. It was significantly nicer than standard economy.