Aeroplan points redemption for Canadian gift card

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by EnJoy, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. EnJoy

EnJoy Active Member

Status Points:
    Aeroplan is running a promotion to redeem Aeroplan points for Canadian gift card. I just cashed out for $2500 AMEX gift card (3 Aeroplan accounts). Think this is not a bad deal given the expensive fees/charges on flight redemption:

AMEX $100 - 7,000pts (Regular 13,500) - see note below
    https://www1.aeroplan.com/mrch/gift...an-express-can-100-gift-card/prodCC00838.html

AMEX $250 - 17,000pts (Regular 33,500) - see note below

https://www1.aeroplan.com/mrch/gift-cards-ideas//prodCC00839.html

Other gift cards choices includes Future Shop, ToyrUs, Costco, Cineplex ...

Note - Just checked the site and both AMEX card are out of stock now. According to the CSR I spoke to this AM, they may restock the cards later.

2. Exit Row
    Original Member

Exit Row Silver Member

Status Points:
    They sold out in about 2 hours. I'm hoping they restock and I can get the site to load...and I can get the gift card page to load...and I can get my cart to register...and I can actually check-out... #notholdingmybreath :rolleyes:

3. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope so. Thanks for pointing the deal out as I likely wouldn't have seen it otherwise. :)

Update: as of just now ALL the gc's with the retailers participating in the promo are out of stock. :eek:

4. This is a pretty good deal in many ways but for a SE redeeming 68K miles and getting $1000 to buy a ticket to Europe for $1200 in T+as opposed to cashing 90K miles plus $600 for a J ticket this is a great gift.

5. tcook052
    Original Member

tcook052 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I check this a.m. and none of the retailers who been participating in the promo yesterday have those discounted gc's showing as of today. :(

6. EnJoy

EnJoy Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear that. Guess the CSR just said it so I would leave her alone. :confused: