Aeroplan Infant Awards

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by leica, Mar 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. leica

leica New Member

Status Points:
    Ok so there isin't any info in the FAQ section on infant awards.

I'm trying to help a buddy of mine who will be traveling with his wife and infant.

According to Aeroplan:
    Infant Flight Rewards
    Redeem your miles or pay a flat fee for an infant flight reward. Whatever you choose, your mileage redemption or flat fee will be the same across infant ticket travel zones:

• Economy Class - $50 or 5,000 Aeroplan Miles
    • Business Class - $100 or 10,000 Aeroplan Miles
    • First Class - $125 or 12,500 Aeroplan Miles"

So there will be 3 pax traveling in total - 2 Adults + 1 Infant.
    Q1): If there are only 2 award seats, then am I right to say that the adults should take the 2 award seats and the infant should get the award from the operating carrier at 10% of the full fare?

Or am I still able to get the infant ticket at $100 for business class for the infant even though there is only 2 award seats on the route.

Q2): If a third seat does open up and I can now book the infant on the award at the discounted price Aeroplan is charging, will there still be fuel surcharges imposed if the itinerary involves segments with carriers like ANA and Lufthansa for example?

Appreciate the help! I've been reading up all over the web but I can't find the answers. Calling AC usually takes up so much time!

Thanks!