Aeroplan Bonus miles for Hotel Transfers

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by thefitworldtraveler, Aug 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got this e-mail for bonus aeroplan miles for hotel transfers. I may top off my aeroplan acct for a Asia 1 redemption for a J class award. I really hate the fact they changed their award chart around last month.

[​IMG]

canucklehead and milchap like this.
  2. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    This could be a great deal for Starwood members -- IF you get the bonus on top of the bonus. So if I transferred 20K SPG points, I'd get 25K just from the SPG transfer then another 5K for the above bonus, correct? So 30K all-in. Not bad. There seems to me a limit to a maximum of 5K (which means even if I had 40K SPG points, I'd only get 55K rather than 60K if I transferred them all). Not sure if this is a good deal...

3. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct on both counts.
    When you transfer 20k SPG, 25k are transferred across.
    An additional 5k will be added during this promo.
    The max is 5k bonus per hotel program so you'll only get the 30k Aeroplan for 20k SPG once.

I think its a pretty good deal for 30k Aeroplan.
    Although I wouldn't do it just to bank the miles...

4. BobInLA

BobInLA Active Member

Status Points:
    Credit where credit is due: I transferred my SPG points and they posted the next day in Aeroplan at 25K. The bonus 5K took a week, but they're now available as well.