Aer Lingus claims cabin crew seeking 32 additional paid days off

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by uggboy, May 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aer Lingus claims cabin crew seeking 32 additional paid days off

sobore and WilliamQ like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not in the airline industry but I think that suggesting Flight Crew to have same schedules to the Pilots are akin to comparing apples to oranges. Doctors and Nurses are also generally treated different. They have different jobs and responsibilities...

Flyer1976, LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    They want an extra month off?!?! Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course an extra month off sounds a lot, and maybe it's too much, especially when it's paid, but at Aer Lingus the cabin crews had serious concerns about their working rosters, which let some cabin employees work 6 days straight and up to 10h a day and this arrangement would let them only 1 day off to recover and start the same roster again. While they maybe shouldn't seek an extra month off work [combined] over a year, I'm sure there's a reason they should seek roster changes which gives them some more time off to get refreshed to do their work. I've read about cases when cabin crew were too tired to go on and serve passengers or even passed out thanks to being overworked. Overall, serious concerns persist.