Aer Lingus CEO to head new Malaysia Airlines

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by uggboy, Dec 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aer Lingus CEO to head new Malaysia Airlines

Kalboz, WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  2. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best of luck to him..this is surely an uphill battle especially from trying to keep his bosses (aka as all the different ministers) happy while trying to cut cost. I do hope he will not take the route like what he has turned Aer Lingus into (while making money not what I see as a traditional airline - I avoid it like anything due to it being a pseudo LCC).
    Hopefully he will be able to bring the old charms and service of the people - which I believe is what makes an airline - and cut out all the ridiculous contracts which I understand valid for more than 10 years or more.
    Wonder if he will pull the Firefly brand to fly all regional or domestic routes? This in my opinion might be a good move since I guess the cost will be low here and maybe even make it a sort of Oneworld subsidiary partner (like what Niki is to Air Berlin).
    Guess will have to wait until next year to tell.

Cheers!

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I guess only time will tell what Mr. Muller will acheive with Malaysia Airlines, regarding Aer Lingus, it's true, it's a near LCC, but it makes money and as we all know, a healthy airline is good for employees and passengers alike. Cheers.

Kalboz and nldogbert like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope that he has a golden parachute clause in his contract.

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this would be good for him, I guess this woud even more outrage, at least in Malaysia. There's growing pressure to appoint an "Malaysian national" for the CEO post. We will see how this new "saga" unfolds in the future and how Malaysia Airlines does recover / evolve from their recent woes.