Aegean Not Crediting Some United Flights?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by JoeCortez, Jun 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else had problems getting credit from Aegean for United flights lately? On my last trip from here to CA and back, both ways had three segments and at least one turboprop (yecch). I plugged in my A3 number to get my minimum 500 miles for the turboprop jumps. After the fact, I got credit for five of the six segments - my outbound turboprop jump at S (which is a creditable class) never showed up.

I tried filling out the "Claim Air Miles" form on their website, and got back either a "null" or "an unexpected error occured" message as a result. I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't get credit - I can make up the missing 500 miles no problem. I was just curious if anyone else was having a similar issue...

2. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been trying to get some UA flights credited for almot 6 months now. Aegean customer service is essentially non-existent. Takes one month to respond, and then rarely is your question answered. This scheme seems to not be worth the considrable trouble, IME.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There have been issues with other programs also and crediting the prop flights IIRC. It seems that some programs consider those codeshares, not UA-operated for the purposes of crediting. That works against you in terms of earning on them.

4. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    So now it gets a little weirder. After asking Aegean why I didn't get credit for a regional op-co flight (even though I got credit for the identical flight a week earlier), here's the response I got:
    So now it gets interesting - for me, at least. If I'm reading this correctly, it's up to the mood of the computer that day whether or not to recognize a flight as a United flight or a codeshare by another regional operating company.

I've flown other Trans States and Skywest flights and gotten A3 credit on them. I wonder why it's being so picky now...

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of it may have to do with UA moving around the pools of flight numbers which are assigned to the different regionals, so 3300-3330 might be OK but 3331-3360 might not because when they originally fed the data to A3 they defined the operating carriers differently. That's just a wild-assed guess but I know they change the flight numbers from time to time.

JoeCortez likes this.
  6. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far, that's the most educated guess available! Thanks for weighing in!