Aegean Lifetime Star Alliance Gold Ending

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    You've gotta love airline alliances and the arbitrage opportunities that exist thanks to their unique programs. For example, I was a top tier elite member with British Midland (bmi) for five years before I actually flew with them. I was actually sort of convinced they weren't a real airline for a long time. And I'd speculate that a majority of bmi's top tier elite members had never actually flown with them. Since joining the Star Alliance in 2012, one of the greatest Star Alliance frequent flyer programs has been Aegean, the Greek airline with a fleet of 30 narrowbody aircraft. For one, Aegean had extremely reasonable requirements to achieve Star Alliance Gold status to begin with. You needed just 20,000 elite qualifying miles to achieve top tier status with them, and they'd give you 1,000 elite qualifying miles just for signing up. So in reality you needed just 19,000 miles to qualify. The post Aegean Lifetime Star Alliance Gold Ending appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...