Aegean (A3) - How long to receive card?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Oiuyt, Apr 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Oiuyt
    Original Member

Oiuyt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just passed 20,000 miles on A3. Anyone have experience with how long it takes to receive a card showing new status?

2. Dencho

Dencho Active Member

Status Points:
    a month

3. skynerd

skynerd Active Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, it takes Aegean more than a month to send a card, even when you explicitly order a replacement card on the web site. The good news is that the card has the Star Alliance Silver elite logo printed on it (in the case of the blue card) and has an embossed expiration date long in the future. My first card had an expiration date of 12/2013, and a replacement card that I ordered in Feb. 2011 (when it took more than a month for the first card to arrive) had an expiration date of 12/2014.

By the way, it looks like Continental honors Aegean's "blue" status (Star Alliance silver) with a free bag. I recently bought a tickets for myself and my two kids with a Continental MasterCard and set the flight to earn miles on my Aegean account (Star Alliance silver) and my two kids' tickets to earn on United (non-elite). Guess how many bags I was allowed to check? Six, which I believe was computed based on 1 for Star Alliance silver plus 1 for CO MasterCard, and then applied to all three tickets.

4. skynerd

skynerd Active Member

Status Points:
    One more thing: originally when I signed up, I provided a private mailbox address (like Mailboxes etc.) in the "P.O. Box" line, and I believe I never successfully received any mail from Aegean that way. I believe I only started receiving mail from them when I edited my address not to use the "P.O. Box" field on their web site that I started receiving mail from them successfully.

In the U.S., I would only call something at the post office a "P.O. Box", but I foolishly thought that for international shipping, maybe any private mail box should be listed that way. I think I was wrong about that.

5. Oiuyt
    Original Member

Oiuyt Silver Member

Status Points:
    For what it's worth, I followed up with A3 a couple of weeks ago and received a response indicating that my card will be shipped in late May or early June.

"We are appealing to your understanding since certain delays, although unpleasant, are inevitable."

I qualified for gold in late March. Never received the silver card, which I qualified for last November.

6. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got my Blue card Friday the 20th - perhaps 6 weeks after qualifying. It is good thru 12/2014. I've already qualifed for Gold, and await the card.

7. Oiuyt
    Original Member

Oiuyt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received the card yesterday.

8. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might pitch a bit of a fit, but I qualified in early May. I immediately requested a replacement card on their website, and the "replacement" card, with a cover letter explaining that it was the replacement card I requested, arrived in on June 2. Still do not have the original card.