Advice to get me home for halloween (boston to charlotte 10/30 or 10/31)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by curtis1120, Oct 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently in Boston for a conference. My flight on usair for Tuesday night appears to be cancelled. I've already booked a hotel so I won't have to sleep on the floor. Any ideas for rebooking? Will the airline offer creative routings or is it up to me to suggest alternatives? Do flights get uncancelled?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you gotta wait for Sandy to calm down ... unless you can fly out now westward and wait there before heading east when Sandy's done being mad

But I would just sit it out.

3. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured waiting it out will be what I do, but im
    M trying to figure out how to be on one of the first flits when it is safe, not one many days later. Do I call the airline, rebok myself with the first available option or call chase (with whom I booked this flight). Also if I do use that hotel if my flight is cancelled, then is that covered by chase as trip interruption?

4. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok. Wow is all I have to say about usair. I called the plain Jane number on the website and after entering my confirmation number an agent answered immediately and rebooked me for Wednesday. So, hopefully plan b will be it, but I am very happy the know that they have put resources into service at this time.

5. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just left Charlotte this afternoon, they have planes just parked pretty much everywhere waiting for the northeast to reopen. (Saw Jetblue,AA,UA as well US of course). There were also quite a few parked at IAH. Hopefully when this passes they can at least get air service back up.and running quickly.

6. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do plan for this stuff, and I'm glad you were able to rebook successfully. And yes, they do move planes to avoid billions in damages.

7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to hear.