Advice on good meeting place in CDG (Paris) airport?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by cmj542, Jul 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cmj542
    Original Member

cmj542 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I'm flying to Paris (CDG) and meeting up with my sister and brother, who are also flying to CDG from California. The problem is, my Lufthansa flight gets in at 11am, and their Continental flight gets in at 8:15am. Does anyone know of a good place for us to find each other to meet up? I'm a little worried because my brother and sister are very young (just graduated from high school & undergrad in college), don't speak a lick of French, and have never traveled alone (or even traveled abroad). It looks as if both Lufthansa and Continental drop off in Terminal 1. I would go meet them at their gate, but they get in so much earlier than me and have to go through Customs first.

Any suggestions on a meeting place? (keeping in mind I'm a recent (temporarily unemployed) grad school graduate and can't really splurge on an airport hotel or anything...unless Priority Club decides to do a point breaks at the CDG airport hotel)

2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Terminal one is round, which makes it very confusing. It is signed very poorly. You will go up and down moving conveyor belts that cross its center. It is also entirely possible that by the time you get in, customs will disgorge you from a different door than they exited. One possibility is to pick one of the smaller Star Alliance carriers and agree that you would meet near the check-in line for that airline. The problem is that will be on a different level than the one you exit customs from.

Still I would suggest you meet at Terminal one, not tell them to go elsewhere. Maybe someone can chime in who knows about a good coffee shop meeting place at terminal one.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even if they don't know their way around, it's relatively easy to have them find well-known signs, hence my suggestion... :)

There's a place called Hippopotamus Grill on level 5 of check-in (near Aer Lingus check-in and next to a McDonalds) that should be rather unique to the terminal and relatively easy to find, plus they have decent food.

4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I met someone there a couple of years ago on the bottom shopping level at the McDonalds. It was very easy to find each other there.

5. cmj542
    Original Member

cmj542 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the fantastic suggestions. Will have them meet me by Hippopotamus Grill/McDonalds...no way they can miss those signs. Thank you!

viguera likes this.