Advice on determining redemption strategies

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jbird432, Mar 2, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. jbird432

jbird432 New Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten good at churning cards to get a ton of miles, but I often struggle when it comes to redeeming miles. Is there a site that any of you use to find what airlines and airline partners are best for a specific airport code or destination?

2. jbird432

jbird432 New Member

Status Points:
    Update: Been doing some digging for the past few hours and found some good resources.

Apps:
    RewardExpert - Pretty cool program that really walks you through the process of what card to use and airlines to fly with and also helps you track your goal. The downside is that it doesn't have a ton of airline coverage. Very promising though.

PointsForTrips - This site has a lot going on, but if you go to a particular destination guide, they have an app that let's you explore different card / airline / partner airline combos to build a redemption strategy. They cover most airlines/credit cards, but it seems to be lacking a community at the moment. Might be new.

RewardFlyer - Similar to RewardExpert, but they also provide award booking assistance if you use their links. Anyone use them? Are they good with finding redemptions?

Blogs:
    FTG, TPG, OMAAT - the big three often cover how to get somewhere on miles, but the data tends to get outdated and not all destinations are covered.

Any others that people know of that I missed?

socalgecko likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Before I started acquiring miles,

I knew if many ways to use them, and we did not have blogs back then..

The rules just keep changing...