Advice on Complaining to US Air?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by nellie, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. nellie
    Original Member

nellie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All-

I flew on US Air at the end of December to SJU for my honeymoon and our return trip happened to be when the big East coast storm was blowing through. We were in paid first and initially had problems because of the weather and had to rebook our flights, but we then had to go through several problems that were not out of US Air's hands (i.e. mechanical delay, ripping the front off my bag, making us overnight in CLT, not paying for a hotel when they should have, etc.).

I tried going through US Airway's proper channels, but I've had 3 rounds with the customer service people via email and they're still trying to give my wife and I $200 in vouchers each for messing up our $1,600 honeymoon flights. They say they can't deviate from their complicated "matrix" for assigning credit.

I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere and I used to work at an airline and know there are often backdoors or executives to email that get results. Anyone have any such luck with US Air and willing to share a tip or email address with me?

Thanks for the help!

2. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could you give more detail on the overnight in CLT and the hotel scenario? If you overnighted in CLT because you were caught up in a weather rebooking, then I'm afraid they are not required to pay for your hotel. So a little more detail is definitely needed.

Wanaflyforless, sc801 and nellie like this.
  3. nellie
    Original Member

nellie Silver Member

Status Points:
    We had to rebook originally due to weather, but we then had a mechanical that held us up for over an hour. Other people received hotel vouchers and we booked one while sitting on the plane to make sure we had it worked out. Someone at the airport told me they would be able to reimburse me, but the customer service desk wasn't open when I had to fly out the next morning so I didn't have a chance to do it at the airport.

I'm less concerned about the hotel compensation and more concerned with getting proper compensation for the whole set of problems we encountered. I just need a new channel to go through since their customer service doesn't seem to be working.

4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nellie,
    Please PM me the details and if warranted we can have our US liaison reach out to their contact in the executive office...

I would imagine that they are using weather as a reason for not covering the hotel.

If you have a record locator and a case number from customer relations that would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Art
    Chairman FFOCUS

nellie likes this.
  5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    We have received a response from US Airways in regard to your issue. Please see your PM's.

Thanks,