Advice On Brisbane Connection

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by JohnnieD, Dec 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    On our DL award trip to Australia next spring, our return connection is SYD>BNE>LAX. Our origional itin had us leaving SYD at 8am arriving BNE 830am. A schedule change now has us lvg SYD at 9 arr 930 for a 1050 flight to LAX. Is this enough time to transfer from domestic terminal to international terminal? Or should I request DL change our flight from BNE to an earlier one????

2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The BNE domestic and international terminals are basically separate airports connected by a normal commuter train that runs very often. You have to leave security and the domestic airport to take a train about 5 minutes down the line to the intl terminal and then go back through security there. It was all very efficient for us and took maybe 60-70 minutes. You should be fine esp of on a J award since you get departure customs fast track cards and security short cuts, but maybe check what MCT is for BNE.

3. JohnnieD
    Original Member

JohnnieD Silver Member

Status Points:
    The MCT from V Australia is 90 mins. With the schedule change we have 80 mins....Makes me a little nervous....

4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're going to be asking DL to fix a now-broken connection, why don't you ask DL for a direct flight SYD-LAX? They might now be able to book you on either DL metal or on the V Australia non-stop.

5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok. That is fair. We were traveling midweek off season and may have been lucky with times. It was more hassle then I would normally like and having extra time in the lounge will be fun for you :)

Since it violates MCT you should get them to rebook.