Advice Needed: How to maximize Rewards on $1800 stay?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Golfingboy, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Howdy Everyone!

My family booked a room at the Marriott Beachside Resort in Key West for December for three nights and the total bill will be north of $1,800. I am not a member with Marriott, I usually stay at the Hiltons or Starwood owned brand hotels. I will be using the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card to pay for the room, so I will get a decent chunk of UR points, but I would also like to take advantage of Marriott's program and whatever promotion they are running for the 4Q. I do not have any plans to stay at another Marriott in the near future.

I am not really familiar with Marriott's program, so I am open to all ideas/suggestions!

Fire Away! TIA

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Golfingboy likes this.
  3. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Buy a Marriott Gift Card and then get 10% bonus with AMT code, there you save 9% plus cash back and whatever you earn from your CC.

The Q4 promo require you to stay up to 10 or 15 nights until mid Jan. Or stay twice earn a cat 1-4 cert. I don't think your 3 nights will give you anything.

Golfingboy likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    GiftCertificates.com is giving 3 UR pts per $ so you can get 4 UR pts per $ if using the CSP. You could buy up to $1800 in Marriott GCs while getting 7200 UR points. Nacho is right about the MegaBonus promo requiring two stays.

Golfingboy likes this.
  5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the advice!!! :)