Advice for getting around Thailand?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by ericb, Mar 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ericb

ericb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Heading to Thailand in a week and looking to get better deals on domestic travel. Bangkok Airways Reservations said their Discovery Airpass is unavailable the dates we'd like to travel but they pieced together the following itinerary for 25540 THB ($860 USD)

1. PG 962 25 MARCH SINGAPORE-SAMUI 20.25-21.15
    2. PG 136 27 MARCH SAMUI-BANGKOK 13.50-14.55
    3. PG 906 27 MARCH BANGKOK-CHIANGMAI 17.10-18.25
    4. PG 216 30 MARCH CHIANGMAI-BANGKOK 10.00-11.20

Should I jump on this or is there a better website to price domestic travel that caters to Thai nationals? I found the price differences between ITA and domestic TACA and TAM pages to be drastically different when I went to South America and was wondering if there is something similar going on with Thailand.

Eric

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    have you looked @ Thai AirAsia?

I dont think they do the first 2 routes; but they for sure fly the last two.

DMK - CNX priced out to 2980.00 Baht ...

Also I read somewhere that USM is owned by PG; thus could be the reason why prices there are expensive.

3. dtc

dtc Active Member

Status Points:
    I've taken Air Asia in the past - they have a fast growing network. You can see their route map here:

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/where-we-fly/route-map.page?

As a caveat though, the experience I've had in the past was an incredibly delayed flight - and last minute attempts to upsell you on things. They really put budget in budget airlines.

edekba likes this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    yeah they'll sell you insurance (I declined); seat assignments, checked bags, food, drinks, hotseats (early boarding) etc.

The flight I took DMK <-> KBV was fine; not delayed or anything, but it was really tight. (not much legroom) but for the 1hr flights and how much we paid ($150 2ppl RT) we didn't really care