Advice: Chase British Airways Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by mpapciak1, Jan 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mpapciak1

mpapciak1 New Member

Status Points:
    My fiancee and I applied for the Chase BA card a couple of years ago to take advantage of a 100K offer. That year, I also earned a companion ticket as well, which we just used to book flights to Europe in BA first class. After booking this flight, we have 188K BA points at a household level. I am curious as to thoughts on whether it is worth pursuing another companion ticket (by spending $30K on the BA card this year), or focus that spending on other Chase cards that I have (Sapphire Preferred and Freedom)?

I understand that BA miles are best used for short distances, but a companion ticket to fly first class seems to make it worthwhile when compared to the cost of ticket when priced out. On the other hand, earning Ultimate Rewards are fairly easy with the bonuses, which can also be turned into premium cabin tickets too.

Thanks for your help.

tondoleo likes this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

If you do not mind spending the money on the departure taxes and enjoy the BA F class experience on your upcoming flight on BA get another companion pass.

thepointstraveler likes this.
  3. mpapciak1

mpapciak1 New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you.