Ads do not seem to be interfering much

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by sobore, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    One compliment here. The site does not seem to be experiencing any load issues with the ads.
    I have had numerous performance issues with the other site due to advertising.
    Not sure if this is due to the IT infrastructure or something else.
    Nice job!

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    actually there have been a few snags. since this is Beta, we really did not have any campaigns we could sell to test so have just scrounged up some Google stuff and borrowed remnants to test. Because of that some of the coding is a little off. As we get closer to launch i hope we can convince someone to give us a test of real stuff so we can ensure it works. we'll do our best to minimalize things yet ensure we can pay the bills. Appreciate you posting a positive comment. As for actual performance. by launch time we'll be multiple times better as we are moving to the Amazon cloud for support and performance and should never "outgrow" the needs of either the members or ad bandwidth requests. It really will get even better.

kiwi likes this.
  3. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had problems twice when replying to a post. As it tries to post, the page never loads (just indicates it is waiting on ads in the status bar). I finally refreshed my page and noticed that my reply had in fact posted.

Overall, I agree the ads have not been intrusive at all. It is amazing how good I have gotten at ignoring content that I don't want to see -- I'm really not even sure what most of the ads are about!

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having premium on FT through Randy's generosity it has been a long time since I've worried about ads.

Generally no issues so far.