Admirals club vs US club drink standards normalization?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by ballardFlyer, Feb 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    US operated admirals club conversions seem to have some terrible free swill available, but not the finer things (even for purchase) like my knob creek et al that AA operated clubs have regularly. I get my two vouchers at AA operated clubs as a member, but after visiting some US operated clubs this month for the first time since their renaming I haven't gotten any premium drink coupons either. Will ask next time on that.

Anyway are former US clubs going to get a better/matching drink selections as found in AA clubs? Or is Admirals watering down on the way?

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as US clubs don't downgrade the catering, and AA clubs upgrade theirs to US standards. (Healthy chips and salsa, soup)

Sammich, Newscience, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    True. They already announced part of that on the AA side. But maybe we end up in a lite bites esq compromise for club stuff

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I often drive after a commuter flight, I rarely drink alcoholic beverages in these clubs. But, I agree, the snacks in the US Airways clubs are (or were) classier. And so were their magazines - I miss the copies of The Economist at US Airways Clubs, now removed from the re-named AAdmirals Clubs!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Sammich likes this.
  5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1 :(

Newscience likes this.