Admirals club membership fee

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by milerunner, Mar 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it really $400 for executive platinum??? I have to renew in a couple days. I was hoping for the cheaper sticker price as a DM chairman... It might not be an option :(

daninstl and Newscience like this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    On occasions there are discounts offered but the only one I know which seems to be always available is $50 off for Citicard Business card holders.

You could also use miles but IMHO not really worth it unless you have a ton of them.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    daninstl, MX and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's a link for the prices and miles required for AAdmirals Club membership. Perhaps the Executive World Elite MasterCard might be the way to go if you want ongoing club access? Of course, YMMV:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsMembership.jsp

daninstl and MX like this.
  4. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Already having more CCs than I want to keep up with, I simply paid for it earlier this year. That was $400 well spent, IMHO. Having AC access is always nice, but during mechanical or weather delays, it is the difference between mere inconvenience and total misery to me.

5. AAdam_flyer

AAdam_flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    While doing the math, buying an annual pass (as an EXP) for spouse+self was a cheaper bargain than getting a credit card with lounge access. But as it has been said before, YMMV. I also recommend joining business extra if you fly for business often, once you reach 3,000 BE points you can redeem them for an annual AC membership.

6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with getting the Citi Exec card or at least replacing one of your current AA cards with this variety in exchange for the fee plus to get some bonus miles on the signup.

Newscience likes this.
  7. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    When these cards were heavily marketed last year, a 100K miles signup was offered at that time (with $5K/3 month spend). I've recently received a 60K miles signup offer, and as my current lounge membership expires in a couple of months, am seriously considering getting the card, rather than outright lounge purchase. YMMV.

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    No 100k offers lately but it seems like the last time I checked the spend requirement was less on the lower offers. The way I look at it is if your going to spend $400'ish you might just as well get the 60k or what ever on the card. You can always cancel next year. The Exec card does have other benefits as well.

Newscience likes this.
  9. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    So the 60k mile offer got me to open one up. I'd be spending nearly that much for my membership and already spend about $40,000 so the 10k eqms are nice.

So here's my question... I have about two months left on my current Admiral Club membership... Do you think they may refund me the miles I spent for membership to pay for those two months of membership I no longer need?

10. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say not a snowballs chance...

11. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Called and they told me that had it been more than 60 days then they would have done a prorated credit. But my AC membership expires in less than 60...

12. easterly

easterly Member

Status Points:
    It wont get you upgrades or boarding priority above zone 1 (which is all you and your bags need to avoid the dreaded gate check) but for free Admirals Club and 50k or more Aa points, that Citi card at 450 is a fine bargain.