Admirals Club access for five

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Juanefny, May 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    So in two weeks I'll be flying with a group of my friends to SJU. I'll have five people with me... is there any practical way to get that many people in to the Admirals Club? They are all over 18...

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Do you or anyone in the party have AC memberships that can guest individuals in?

Are you asking for an alternative to the day passes AA sells?

Does anyone have access through an AMEX?

Or you saying you have/want none of those things and simply want an idea on how to get into the AC?

You really didn't give us much background information to work with.... :confused:

3. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a membership... but as far as I know no one else does.
    Yes, aren't they like $50 pp? We're only there for like an hour
    As far as i know, no. But I have to confirm
    I am wondering if anyone has ever had success getting more than 3 people in. Usually I have no one else with me, or one person at most.

4. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    That club isn't worth $50/hr. (no club is IMHO). Unless you're planning on visiting other clubs in that day I wouldn't bother buying a day pass.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Without coming up with some cash your only hope is to convince the gatekeeper that they are members of your immediate family.:D

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you have a membership you can guest in two individuals. So you really only need access for three.

For the other three, consider buying a $99 AC 30 day pass. This allows the holder to guest in two additional guests, so it covers your three people. It's good for 30 days, so they can use the pass on the outbound and returning from SJU.

;;;;;;.JPG

The $99 divided by 3 people is $33 per person for lounge access there and back. So about $16.50 each way. That's much better than the $50 one day pass.

Counsellor, skyvan, flyforawg and 2 others like this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shouldn't the calculation be $99/5 or about $20, so less than $10 per direction/visit?

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If OP wants to include the two individuals he is guesting in on his own membership that are not using the 30 month path in the cost pool, sure. Or he can opt to pay for it all himself so the calculation is $99/0.

There really isn't a right or wrong calculation. It's however they figure it out. I just used the 3 person rule since they're the odd men/women out in this scenario.

9. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish you could redeem a few miles for the shorter membership. Maybe 10k or 15k for the 30 day membership.

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMO it would be much nicer for each of the friends without lounge access to pay their share of the cost. It would seem awkward to me to pick two as personal guests and collect money from three others. The only exception I would make would be if one of them will have further AA travels during the month, that person should be the one whose name is on the $99 pass and they should probably pay somewhat more since they will get additional benefits.

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Or perhaps one of these friends is a potential girlfriend/boyfriend? Or some friends are close with OP and others are acquiantences of other individuals? Group dynamics can be very odd sometimes. You never know how they're going to pan out unless you're involved.

This is why I prefer traveling alone most of the time. ;)

12. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would value your miles at 1 cent per mile (if 10K) or .66 cents per mile (if 15K). Pretty low value.

At 5K miles, it would be closer to a wash.

On the other hand, if AA wants to remove some miles from circulation cheaply, that would be one way for them to do it (at the 10K or 15K level).

13. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rather use the $99 in Puerto Rico, i guess it's all about opportunity cost :)

Counsellor likes this.