Admiral club luggage tags

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Juanefny, Jan 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got an email from AA saying that if I renew my membership by the end of the month I'll get a complementary set of luggage tags. Haven't they always sent out luggage tags? How is this different from the ones I've gotten in the past upon renewing?
    I think they offered me 10% off last year...

2. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    *admirals

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I renewed recently but haven't gotten my new card/package. Will keep an eye open to see if the swag they offer has changed.

4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could be some of that excellent corporate advertising that points out as special what is already included.

skyvan and zpaul like this.
  5. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh. And it said the tags would be mailed separately.

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is really none of my business, but I see that you are an EXP. Why not just get a AmEx PL for $450/yr instead of AC membership? It gives you the same AC entrance, plus SkyClub, US Air lounge, 600+ more lounges with Priority Pass, points for opening a card, some other valuable perks.

7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Amex might work for some but for others there is a decided advantage in having an AC membership.
    !) the AC membership is $350.00/year plus you can always get a 10% discount paying with your Citi business card..(one can often sees even bigger discounts) . plus depending on your flying pattern as an AA EXP you most likely may have limited use for other airlines clubs.
    2) As an AC member you can enter the club anytime without being on a AA itinerary.
    3) AC membership permits you two guests (or more if family members)
    4) Also not quite relevant here but if you have tons of AA miles you can pay also pay your AC membership using miles.

zpaul likes this.
  8. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On point #3, Amex also allows two guests or spouse + children under 21.

dc_traveler and newbluesea like this.
  9. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got luggage tags included with my renewal package a couple of months ago. I think it's marketing.

10. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    And if you're an EXP and renewing, the fee is $300, so $150 less than the AMEX. Frankly, I try to fly AA 100% of the time. In order to re-qualify as EXP I need every single mile I fly on a single carrier.

Tenmoc likes this.
  11. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just tryed to renew my membership but the webpage seem not to be working! Is anyone having a problem like this? I click on the GO button, but it reloads the same page and nothing happens!

12. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    I won't be renewing until later this month.
    BTW, just out of curiosity, do any of you use miles to renew your membership?

13. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not me but I know of at least two individuals with multi-million AA miles in their accounts that do.

14. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point. However, many people use the $200 airline credit to buy airline gift cards. As that's money that would be spent on the airline otherwise, it effectively brings the annual fee to $250 ($150 if you use the $100 Global Entry credit).

foxberg and DestinationDavid like this.
  15. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Note to self - buy AA gift cards. I ended up leaving my $200 credit on the table this past year. Not sure why, but AMEX stopped reimburing my Admirals' Club purchases (occasional food/bev) and never got a good answer.

16. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used miles to renew my Qantas Club membership back when I had one and wasn't flying them regularly, but since I'm actively flying AA I tend to use my miles for flights and upgrades only.

17. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    FYI my 2013 membership package arrived today. New card was included, however, the luggage tag was not included. Checked my package from last year and there was a luggage tag attached to that one. Looks like they may have discontinued providing those unless it's coming in a separate letter.

Tenmoc likes this.
  18. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    OP said the tags would come separately.

19. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. OP was proactively contacted by AA with that offer. I was not contacted by AA with that info and noted that I received nothing. It was a confirmation of the OP, not a post contrary to it.

Tenmoc likes this.
  20. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    New Members receive luggage tags as part of their welcome kits. Although luggage tags are no longer part of all Renewal Admirals Club credential packages, luggage tags are occasionally offered as an online renewal incentive. And if you’d like extras, Admirals Club luggage tags are available for purchase at all Admirals Club locations worldwide.

foxberg likes this.
  21. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to pick up some tags in STL last year and there were none for sale.

22. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    So here's the question:) if you are are EXP why does one need Admiral clubs tags? presumabably your EXP tags work just fine right?

23. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I've never seen the utility of them. As I mentioned above, I had to dig through a drawer to find the ones AA sent me last year.... lol

24. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    We now know why...these will be redesigned with the new logo and corporate look. AA has pretty much run out of the current versions and did not order any more. New-look ones will likely be released soon.

25. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually don't use the tags for what they're intended for, strictly speaking. Yes, I use them for ID purposes, but usually not when I fly. More like tagging things in my office that get moved quite a bit, my computer bag that doesn't fly with me (they all look the same down here - it seems like everyone in every company has the same make and model), etc. They are definitely useful, even if they're not used for air travel purposes.